Welfare matters are conducted in total confidence. Any member of the Branch who is in need of assistance will be visited by a Committee member and the appropriate assistance sought, for example, from the: 

  • Police Care UK (https://www.policecare.org.uk/)  is a charity for serving and veteran police officers and staff, volunteers, and their families who have suffered any physical or psychological harm as a result of policing. 


    It is independent of the police service, and are funded entirely by donations and fundraising. It receives no money from government or forces for our work.

    If you would like to discuss the practical, emotional or financial support that Police Care can potentially provide, then please make a referral via the web site or call 0300 012 0030 and ask to speak to a member of our team. 

  • North West Police Benevolent Fund (www.nwpbf.org)The object of the North West Police Benevolent Fund is to assist serving and retired police officers (who have been contributors to the Fund during their Service) with financial assistance when in need. The Fund can make grants or interest free loans to applicants as is deemed necessary by the trustees. It also runs the Police Convalescent Home at Harrogate and has several Lodges’ in the Lake District and South Wales which can be used, free of charge, for officers and pensioners who are recuperating from sickness or injury. They are also available when not required for convalescent purposes for hire as holiday lodges.   If you need assistance then in the first instance please contact the NWPBF.


Members over the age of 80 years will be contacted annually and when necessary they will receive a visit from a committee member. Birthday and Christmas cards are also sent.