Nationally membership is made up of retired police officers from all police forces throughout England, Wales and the Isle of Man, together with their spouses, partners, widows and widowers. From an initial membership of 3000 the Association has grown and now embraces a total membership of over 89,000. It is the only organisation that exists to protect the rights of police pensioners.
Locally the Merseyside Branch has a membership consisting of over 3300 full members including life members, members and widow/widower(s). It is the one of the largest Branches within Narpo and the largest on Merseyside.
THE RANGE OF BENEFITS THAT MEMBERSHIP CONFERS INCLUDES:
- Representation by committed people striving to obtain a fair deal for every member.
- Access to information about potential employment opportunities.
- Access to special deals on goods and services, particularly in respect of insurance and travel.
- An opportunity to keep in touch with both former and serving colleagues through the NARPO branch network and locally through the Merseyside Branch Message Board
- Access to help and assistance when facing problems arising from your police service or pension.